19 March 2013

Kale Guacamole

I am huge fan of avocado and in one of my recent posts I gave a guacamole recipe that I always make at home for myself or for my friends. The other day I came across with this recipe in which two of my favorite ingredients are being used,Kale and Avocado! They both make wonders and if you combine two in a recipe I am sure you'll be in heaven:) This is a dairy,sugar and gluten free recipe and just enjoy it with your favorite veggie sticks or favorite crackers. I know I feel guilty when I do it but you need a glass of red wine and assortments of your favorite cheeses while you are scooping your lettuce into this green miracle food, too!!!




Here is the recipe..

1 Avocado
4-5 stalks of kale
Juice of half a lemon (my favorite is Meyer lemon)
Juice of half a lime
Handful of fresh cilantro
3/4 cup water (optional)
1 garlic clove (minced)
Salt and Cayenne pepper to taste
1 small tomato
1/4 red onion






In a blender combine avocado,kale,cilantro and juices from the lemon and lime. Start blending and slowly add water until combined. You can leave it a little bit chunky or creamy. You don't need to use all the water in the recipe,just use it to loosen it up until it reaches the desired consistency. remove it from the blender and mix in spices and garlic. And Enjoy as Always;))

No comments:

Post a Comment