24 October 2012

Oatmeal Chia Pancakes

Here is a simple recipe for breakfast that I believe kids would enjoy eating it if you substitute it with some fruits or stuff that they like..I try to make pancakes or eggs for my kids because I know if I serve them some kind of cereal with loads of sugar ,they'll absolutely finish it in a second so this is an alternative breakfast for you to serve to your kids and of course to yourself:)

1/2 cup oatmeal 
2 Tbs whole wheat flour
1 Tbs chia seeds
1 Tbs egg whites 
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 to 2/3 cup milk (almond,hemp,rice or whatever you like)
cinnamon to taste
1Tbs liquid stevia or honey,if you want to sweeten it

Combine all the ingredients except the baking powder (add just 1/2 cup milk).Let it sit in the fridge overnight.Next day,add 2Tbs milk and the baking powder.Cook on a griddle or a skillet on medium heat for about 3-4 min. per side..I usually smash a banana or put some chocolate chips in it or serve it with fresh strawberries and blueberries . Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment