18 October 2012

Supercharge your smoothie..

You've definetely heard it so many times that skipping breakfast is not a good thing to start your day and you have a chance to have higher waist circumferences,blood glucose levels,triglycerids and total cholesterol.Eating breakfast actually curbs unnecessary food consumption later in the day ,supporting weight loss or healthy weight.Especially for kids,breakfast is even more essential.When they eat a nutritious morning meal,they perform better on tests and concentrate more during class.I try not to buy those high sugar cereals for my kids.I admit they love them but to me they are just full of empty calories and no nutritional value. Oatmeal is a perfect choice for me.Beta-glucan,a soluble fiber in oats,slows the release of sugar into the bloodstream which may lower diabetes risk. I usually buy the organic oat groats or steel-cut version. I mix it with almond milk,some chopped walnuts and cinnamon.It is so delicious that I want to eat almost lunch and dinner!! Another simple and fast option for breakfast is making power smoothies..They are an ideal on-to-go breakfast.Try mixing one of the following
nutrient-rich boosts into a non-dairy milk based smoothie for a delicious,nutritious breakfast..I'll post recipes later on my blog..

Here are some options:

* 1 tbs ground flaxseed
* 1 cup raw spinach
* 1-2 scoops protein powder ( I prefer organic hemp protein powder)
* 1/2 avocado (if you want more dense)
* 1-2 tbs chia seeds
* 1/2 tbs raw cacao

No comments:

Post a Comment