19 October 2012

Quinoa&Kale Patties

For me ,Quinoa and Kale are super foods and when they come together in a recipe it is going to be a perfect combination of the two heavy hitters! When I was in the process of searching a perfect recipe for both, I came across this one from Heidi Swanson.It is in her cookbook Super Natural Everyday which I'll definitely  buy it soon.It is an easy dinner to make and looks so yummy that I definetely know it will be a hit in my house.. Hope my kids love it,especially my son,Baran,who is the most pickiest:))))

Ingredients

2 1/2  cups cooked quinoa
2 cups water
4 large eggs beaten
1/3 cup parmesan cheese or Gruyere cheese(or Goat cheese ,my favorite)
1 1/2 cup steamed kale chopped
1/3 cup chopped scallions
1 onion,finely chopped
3 cloves garlic,minced
1 cup breadcrumbs(whole-grain preferred)
1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
Salt&Pepper to taste


To cook quinoa,first rinse it with cold water and combine it with 2 cups of water with 1/2 tsp salt.Let it soak for 15 minutes. In a medium saucepan,bring the water to a boil and reduce the heat,cover and cook it until the quinoa is tender and all the water has absorbed,about 15-20 minutes.Let the quinoa cool at a room temperature.

Combine the cooked quinoa,eggs,cheese,onions,garlic,salt,pepper,steamed kale and breadcrumbs.Form the mixture and let stand for a few minutes.


Heat oil in a large,heavy skillet on a medium low heat. Add patties,cover and cook until the bottoms are a deep rich brown for about 10 minutes.Flip patties with a spatula  and cook the other side until golden.Repeat with remaining patties.You can top it with your favorite sauce.I would definitely eat it with my favorite Sylvia's Kickin'Hot Sauce and avocado on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment